SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fighting8r

First PVS and aristolochia identification?

fighting8r
14 years ago

Saw a PVS today, which is newsworthy as this is the first I've EVER seen in the wild around here. I know the pics are terrible quality but I was quite taken by surprise and wanted some documentation however sketchy! (Looks like bigfoot photos from the tabloids!)

On a related note, can anyone id this aristolochia by just foliage? They sprouted from seeds I picked up somewhere. I thought it was more of what I already have, which I guess is Gigantea (with the huge leaves and flowers).

These however are much slower-growing, do not have the tendril-like growth that grabs onto anything in reach like the other ones I have. Doesn't seem interested at all in growing on a trellis in fact. I'd say the leaves are more rounded, too, as opposed to triangular like the gigantea? Anyway as I said a couple of these recently sprouted and so no blooms yet but everyone on here is sooo smart you can probably tell from these pics:

If not, it was worth asking, I have looked at all the stuff on the web and so many of them are similar. Not to mention some of the stuff on the web is incorrectly identified. Anyway, thanks for looking!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH