SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

potato beetles- what to do?

arbo_retum
17 years ago

o.k., i must begin with apologies. I have come to this forum for help because i know very very little about brug pests or beetles in general. i usually spend alot of time trying to research a problem before asking for help. however, THIS time i am really crunched for time and would be most appreciative of some education. My brugs last year had no pest problems. i overwintered them; they got aphids; i took them outside in bright sun; the aphids went away. the leaves grew. they're nowhere near blooming- that will be end july prob'ly. but today, i see many holes in the many leaves of my many potted brugs- and i find yechy black-headed larvae which appear to be covered in their own excrement. a helpful GW pest forum person correctly suggested that they are potato beetles. i smushed and removed all damaged leaves and the larvae. NOW, can anyone tell me, do they have a summerlong lifespan or do they disapp. in a few wks? is bayer's rose a solution, as it is for lily leaf beetle?

I so appreciate your patience. I realize i may be asking a question that has been asked many times on this forum, so i ask your forgiveness in advance.

best, mindy

www.cottonarboretum@blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: photo of potato beetle

Comments (3)