SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fool4flowers

Off topic blue screen of death

fool4flowers
15 years ago

Sorry, I can't help it. I have tried everything I can think of I am about ready to throw the thing out the door. I should have realized it was Friday the 13th. Ok here's the scoop. My 12 year old daughter failed to tell me her virus protector had expired. She gets the blue screen of death with stop message 0X000000F7 says a driver has over run a stack based buffer and it has shut down the computer to keep someone from gaining control of my machine. I checked the drivers and none had yellow error things. I tried system restore but it goes back to the blue screen before it finishes restarting and it says it was interupted and could not restore. I still had spybot search and destroy on there but could only get to the windows screen in safe mode so I ran it from there. It found 7 malicious viruses after about an hour and a half and said it got rid of them and before I could go try the restore thing it restarted itself and went to the blue screen again. Help me or I'm gonna hurt this thing, lol. More like throw it out the window. Where is Dweeb when you need her? I know you are sick but maybe someone else can help me. If not I will dump it later on if I have a copy of Windows XP someplace. This is XP home edition by the way. There is nothing important to me on this computer but I have never done a total dump and restore before and don't want to if I can help it but don't want my daughter using my good one either.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals