SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravel30

What happen when we plant seeds in mid-July ?

ravel30
13 years ago

Hi,

My name is Matt and I am beginning in the wonderful hobby that gardening is. I asked some questions about a year ago and received some very kind responses from many of you. Many thanks again regarding that.

Last week, I found a beautiful seeds mix by what seem to be an amazing company named Nature's garden seed company (from Victoria in BC)

http://www.naturesgardenseed.com/product/6223929/Wildflowers_Mixes/89788709/Backyard_Biodiversity_Wildflower_Seed_Mix.html

I was very excited when I purchased it and I found a great spot to plant the seeds in my garden. The mix includes:

Black-Eyed Susan, New England Aster, Butterfly Weed, Purple Coneflowers, Fireweed, Indian Blanket, Large-leave Lupine.

I am well aware that we are in mid-july and that chances are that none of the seeds that I could plant at this time would bloom. So I have a few questions for you:

1-If my wish if for the flowers to flower next year, is it better if I plant the seeds now, in late October or in the early Spring of next year ?

2- If I plant the seeds now, and the plants start growing this year (without necessarly blooming), would it imply that they will grow again next year ?

3- Would you have any other recommandations to make my project successful ?

Thank you for reading me and helping me.

Matt.

Comments (8)