SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sydseeds

Benefits of Joining a Horticultural Society?

sydseeds
18 years ago

I've been asked twice this week if I belong to either of the two local horticultural societies. I don't.

I actually & in all sincerity don't know the benefits of belonging to them - their plant swaps/sales are open to the public, so I don't need to be a member to attend them; their websites are almost empty, or so out of date that one has a calendar that is stuck on 2003/2004 events thus not inspiring me to joining up; my days are taken up with gardening & volunteering; my nights are taken up with family, more gardening & volunteering; GW & two other on-line garden groups are my source of inspiration on gardening; I can hardly sit still so I'm useless at sitting thru a meeting or a lecture; My Q&A's on gardening are answered with lightining speed here at GW but I am still wondering if I'm missing out on a good thing. I can make time for 'a good thing'.

Any horticultural society members out there that could give me a peek into the goings-ons....I can't let a good thing pass me by until I've exhausted all avenues in determining if 'the good thing' is for me.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery