SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Trying to post photos

kathi_mdgd
10 years ago

Joined dropbox,now trying to figure it out.Pictures taken this week.No promises!!! LOL

Couldn't figure it out,so back to PB

{{gwi:537250}}

Close up,looks like hearts and hands to me.(arms)

{{gwi:537251}}

{{gwi:537253}}
Kathi

Comments (51)

• hijole
    10 years ago

kathi, I love your color choices, the light grey leaves with purple and the orange & yellow flowers at the foot of the bird bath.

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Those orange and yellow kalanchoes; I got last week at the. 99cent store.
    Kathi

• Related Discussions

O.T. trying to post photo's

Q

Comments (9)
    Karyn mine got so huge, I was having trouble bringing it in & out I gave it to a friend that has a GH, but I kept a nice size rooted piece of it Eloise, I have the day Blooming & night Blooming Cereus, I was amazed how fragrant they are, you have too catch them right when they open,btw it's good to see you
    ...See More

Help!! Trying to post photos

Q

Comments (3)
    You have to first upload your photos to a photo hosting website like photobucket. There are others, but that's what I use. Then, you will have three boxes under each picture (in photobucket), the URL, the "tag" and "image". Copying the URL and pasting it here in the "optional link URL" box you see when you preview your message or reply to someone else's message will create a link directly to your photo. Copying the "tag" box and copying directly into the "message" box here will make your picture appear in your post, without needing a link. If you use photobucket, they automatically reduce the size of your photos to one that works well here. If you use a different service, you'll have to watch the size, because a too-large image screws up the frame and you'll have to scroll left to right to read text in the whole thread. A real pain in the arse. There is a "test" forum here on GW that you can use to practice on, and people there will tell you if they can see your pictures or not. Saves us having to look at your attempts. HTH Jo
    ...See More

Trying to post photos again:

Q

Comments (4)
    I think that photo 5 & 6 are a type of anacampseros
    ...See More

Trying to post a photo.

Q

Comments (1)
    Nice harvest, Dorothy, and I'm glad you got the photo to post.
    ...See More
  • hijole
    10 years ago

kathi, Good for you girl, I love finding good deals there especially since I can leave my check book home lol.. I really like the way you arranged the whole thing.

I have a bird bath but the Angels head accidently got knocked off so it has to stay in the back yard, Im trying to figure out how & what to replace the head with, Crazy glue has alot of uses, Im about to put it to the test, So dont be surprized if you see something in the near future that resembles a fallen angel ;)

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Greg,
    Go to home depot and get a tube of GE silicon2.it works very well on garden stuff and holds up well .I have stuff out in the gardens that I did at least 8 years ago.You'll also need one of those guns for it that you use for putting that sealant around the tubs/shower.Brain fart here,can't remember what that tub stuff is called.He** to get old!!!
    Kathi

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Caulking Gun.

tj

• hijole
    10 years ago

Kathi, thanks for the tip, Now I need to find the head or else look for another one that fits the size.Lol..

T.j I love it when that happens, It's right on the tip of your tongue but it won't come out & then someone says the right word. Now do you know where I can buy a head for my bird bath? :)

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks,yup caulking gun it is!!!Lol
    Sorry Greg,don't know where you can get a new head.Show us a picture of what you have to work with,and maybe we can come up with an alternative for you.You know,lemonade from lemons!!!
    Kathi

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Hey all u Cali people...I wanna know about this 99 cent store that sells plants!!! What is it? We don't have 'em here on the opposite side of the country ...lol.

Bonnie

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Bonnie,
    I know in the Southeast we have Dollar Tree (Dollar Store as I call it), but they never carry plants. :(

Planto

• hijole
    10 years ago

kathi, Picture coming up but it wont be till maybe Thursday . I like the lemonade ideas too :)

Bonnie, Well close by my home they occasionally have cacti & succulents for .99 cents but then I could go to my farmers market and get twice as many for a better price. they also carry nic pots half clay & something else but they look nice.

Greg

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

Kathi, that's downright gorgeous, it deserves to be on a magazine cover.
    I haven't been very active here or anywhere else, last year was a bust due to illness but it looks like I'm on the mend, most of my succulents have come through the winter, some look a little ratty, need to be cleaned up and repotted. I did lose a few but hey that means I can go shopping doesn't it :).

Annette

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Planto...I know all about the Dollar Tree. Prolly should own stock there...lol. Too bad they don't sell plants.

Greg....I was just wondering if kathi actually has .99 cent stores that sell plants in So Cal.....was envious....lol.

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Bonnie,
    Haha, you and me both (owning stock in the DT). It is too bad they don't sell plants. At least you can find plant pots sometimes, that's a plus at least. And yes, I'm also envious with you of this 99 cent store in Cali. :)

Planto

• brit5467
    10 years ago

OMG planto....google "99 cent store in CA" and you'll REALLY be envious. Their web page has a short (REAL short) video showing a spring garden. And YELP mentions them selling fruits and veggies (to EAT!!!). I want THAT store. Guess I'm missing out...living on the East coast...hahaha!!

Bonnie

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes folks it is a 99 cent store,we had it long before we had any dollar trees stores or family dollar.

They carry everything there and NOTHING is over 99 cents except a few fruits that they started selling by the pound mbut that's just been in the last year.

They carry fresh fruits,veggies,frozen foods,milk and other dairy products,and all sorts of gardening tools and equipment to use In the grdens.It's the only place I buy gardening gloves.Nice pots as well,some of the ceramic ones don't have drain holes,but are so pretty with gardening scenes that I buy them to use to hold pens and pencils,some of my sewing tools etc.

Before we go to the grocery store,we go there first and get as much as we can,then go to the grocery store and get the rest.

The well to do folks that live south of us drive up here in their mercedes and other fancy cars to shop there as well.

If you find one,and see something you want,get it as it may not ne there the next time.

A lot of my very nice good size and healthy hen and chicks,came from there as did a few rose bushes,other sedums and succulents,and many other things.

Love that store,by the way they sell lots of name brands,betty crocker,duncan hines etc.
    Kathi

• brit5467
    10 years ago

WOW, Kathi....I am sooo envious!!!ÃÂ Of course, I assume living in Sol Cal, fruit is pretty commonplace so guessing that's why they can do that.ÃÂ But how nice it would be to be able to shop like that.ÃÂ I know what you mean about "getting while the gettin's good" because it's same way at $ Tree.

Do you have Dollar Trees? Sounds very similiar, with the frozen foods and gardening stuff. And they, too, started selling the Duncan Hines and other name brands. Oh, and day old bread !! Have freezer, will buy....hahaha!!

But I'm envious of buying 99 cent plants !!!ÃÂ I cant get over that. And hens & chicks....I know how much they usually cost. Wow. That's all I can say.

I do know if I ever make it out that way, that will be one of my first stops....lol.

Bonnie

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Bonnie,
    Oh my, that doesn't sound like the Dollar Tree stores we have here. I will have to google it later and proceed to drool over the garden plants.

Planto

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annette,glad to see you back posting again and hope you're well on your way to a completel recovery.I went thru that almost 6 years ago,had knee replacement,followed 3 mos later was diagnosed with breast cancer,so went thru that surgery chemo,,and recovery and it took a good while before I felt like my old self again.

Bonnie,yes we have dollar tree as well and I spend my fair share there as well,we also have at least one family dollar,or is it called dollar general,have only been there once or twice.

This year they opened a walmart neighborhood market right next door to our .99 cent store,and some thought it would take business away from the .99,not me,as I told my friends .99 cents is cheaper than a lot of walmarts prices.WM being next door hasn't hurt the 99 in any way,if anything business has increased at the 99 cent store.

We have to get our bargains where we can,so we can spend more on our hobbies,right???
    Kathi

• hijole
    10 years ago

That's cool even though you said, All you Cali people I want to know... Lol... No worries see yah!

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Planto....i found out that not all Dollar Tree stores are created equal. Our local one didn't have a freezer section for a long time, yet one in another part of town did. I think it depends on the size of the store. Ours eventually bought out the next door store and expanded.

But making sure I didn't confuse you.....our $ Trees have no plants. I was referring to 'her' store. And the 99 cent store's site won't show you much. Just a quick video of "only spend a few bucks for a spring garden" where they show the knee kneeling pads, a trowel, (maybe a bag of dirt), and then they show two different pots of flowers.

so not much drooling there.....lol. But my imagination ran wild because I just knew all the goodies they had.

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Hijole....was that offensive? or politically incorrect? (LOL) I only meant that Kathi and you both referenced the store and were both from CA. And I'm so old, I remember the old song "Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali....." by LL Cool J....hahaha.

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Kathi....even tho you weren't adressing me (smile)....sorry to hear you went thru all that and GLAD you came out the other side !! (Who's Annette?)

'Round here, Dollar General and Dollar Tree are diferent. Dollar Tree used to be Everything's a Dollar (I think) but everything IS a dollar. Dollar General is a nice small discount store that I used in place of Walmart...because Walmart is dangerous for me. Too much eye candy and I get lost in there. I can get in and out of Dollar General pretty safely *grin*.

As well, there's a Family Dollar right down from Dollar General. Pretty much the same inventory, with a bit more added, like more clothes and household decorative stuff.

All of them are my 'go to' stores, 2 minutes away, and very dangerous if I let myself wander around too long...lol.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

That is, or about is, the prettiest presentation of K. pumila I've ever seen.

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Bonnie,
    I apologize if I confused you. I did understand you were referring to her 99 cent store (regarding the video). Aww man, I was under the impression the video showed some plants. I'll out my drool bib away for another day, lol.

I only know of two Dollar Trees around here and I have found their inventory to be different. The one is bigger and has frozen items. However, the other one, despite being smaller, actually has some items the bigger one doesn't have (odd).

Planto

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bonnie,
    Annette is AKA Aftermidnight.And thanks ,I'm also glad I came out on the other side and am able to do all these fun things again.
    Kathi

• hijole
    10 years ago

Bonnie, Neither, I just thought you were saying, No! I was only asking Kathi, but I was sure you said, "All u Cali people," So I chimed in and then you said, Greg I was just wondering if Kathi had um. Lol.. No worries, no worries and I'm sure you're not getting to old for anything.

I also remember that song - " Going back to CaLi, cAIi CALi... Have a wonderful day... And by the way my 99 cent store is have a HUGE SALE today :p

Greg

• brit5467
    10 years ago

LOL...Greg, ur initial reply makes sense now.ÃÂ

I forgot that you'd posted that you shopped there too in your initial post (even tho I did say "all you Cali people and was referring to both Kathi AND you)

So in your next post when you said "close to my home they occasionally have 99 cent cacti and succulents....", I misunderstood and thought you just meant there was a store (not a 99 cent store) close to your home.....duhhh.ÃÂ IOW, u were just saying you have found them for 99 cents too.ÃÂ

So my reply (and re-reading it, it did sound like I was telling you to butt out....lol...sorry) was because I wanted to know specifically about the 99 cent store (which you WERE attempting to tell me about...lol).

So NOW>>>>it all makes sense.ÃÂ Or at least to me, it does !! Hahahaha !!

And then you have to go and taunt me with the fact that they're having a GIANT sale !!ÃÂ That's just plain mean....*grin*

Bonnie

• hijole
    10 years ago

Finally! I'm back on line, I had to do a hard reset on my phone OH BROTHER! That's a big deal for me but it was needed inorder to post on here or even to access my email on my phone.
    Anyway, So kathi, here's a picture of my headless angel bird bath, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it, if it was a chicken I'd just leave it as is lol... Any suggestions?

Bonnie, As I said, No worries ;) I know what you mean tho, sometimes reading between posts sometimes leaves a person like, huh??? Lol Trust me I know all to well. I'm just glad to be able to post pictures again, have a nice weekend yawl.

Thanks for any ideas, Greg

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Greg....ouch...master resets suck!!

Do u still have the head? My mom used some sort of two-part epoxy on hers that she got at.....wait for it, wait for it....drum roll....$ Tree .

They didn't have it last time I checked tho but think I got it at Big Lots too (u have those?)

Bonnie

• hijole
    10 years ago

Bonnie, No head to be found but I am determined to attach some type of head on it, who knows maybe I'll find one at the $ Tree :) I love it.

Stay tuned for a surprise head coming soon, Greg

• aztcqn
    10 years ago

hijole,
    I certainly am intrigued with the surprise head replacement you choose. And you can have the break covered up with with a necklace of trailing sedums and, perhaps, a sempervivum pendent.
    kathi,
    the plant pouring over the bath looks lovely. Gives me ideas with how to use some old things lying around the yard.

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Greg....aren't some of those famous Greek statues headless?? LOL!! Could be a conversation piece...LOL!!

Seriously tho, mayne check out thrift stores? We have some here with shelves of decorative stuff and I think I've seen angels. Worth a try... ;)
    bonnie

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Greg,yes by all means go to the thrift stores,yard sales,side of the roads etc,and see what you can find.You can find heads of angels in some of those places that had the same problem you have,they broke off,and they didn't know what to do with them.Even a good size dolls head could/would work,just paint it with some textured paint and glue it on.Also go to Freecycle .com and post what you are looking for.

Did I ever show you guys my bust/head of Zeuss in my gardens?? I think I showed it on the cottage or calif gardens,but don't think I did here as it wasn't with the succulents/cacti.If you want to see it,just let me know and I'd be happy to show you.

Notice it doesn't take much to twist my arm.LOL
    Kathi

• hijole
    10 years ago

Bonnie, Sounds nice, greek gods and headless at that I will find someway to make this work and hopefully I can fit some burro tail for a nice dread lock look too.

Kathi, I will hit every thrift store hen house out house along the side of the road high & low I will get this done and hopefully it will be next week.

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Greg here's a link to some of the pictures I have at the cottage garden forum.Hope I'm allowed to do this,if not someone please tell me.
    Kathi

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cottage/msg0715581824837.html

Sorry you'll have to copy and paste.

• hijole
    10 years ago

Ok so far no head but this morning we added some fresh paint and I'm starting to think more & more about that headless greek goddess.

What do the judges think?

Greg

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Well, u knows I'm all for the headless look...lol. seriously, tho..I think it adds character. However, u called her a goddess but I don't see any boobies....*grin*
    Bonnie

• hijole
    10 years ago

Bonnie, you know It did cross my mind but I just thought of twiggy and moved on lol... Maybe I'll get a little more creative here and add a couple of changes here & there :)

But for now heres my take of her, shes looking down admiring the succulent garden and oh yeah shes wearing a hat because of the sun.

Greg

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Twiggy...lol. I'd say she's got a little Medusa going...lol.

Lookin real good !!!!! Btw, do u have a drain hole for when it rains?

bonnie

• hijole
    10 years ago

Bonnie, now your getting way to noisy lol..

Of course not, that would require major surgery I just figured I'd lean I her forward when it rained or needed watering. It is solid as a rock and I have no drill nor the time for that, at least not this round.

I just might have to move the plants around more frequently kinda like a holding tank.

Greg

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Venus de Mindless.

tj

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looking good Greg,looks like you also gave her a bust line!! LOL How about tucking a little something into where her arms cross each other,something trailing would look nice.

Even though mine had a crack,dh still drilled a couple holes in it for me..
    Kathi

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Lol greg!! Noisy, huh? Or did u mean nosey (LOL)?
    I just wondered, not having much experience with succulents, cuz thot they didn't like soggy soil,

What is that purple one? I stole a piece of it years ago from in frnt of a hotel and it sure did take off but never knew what it was. It gets pink flowers.

Ohhhh.....a bustline !! Hahahah!!!! Didn't see it until Kathi pointed it out/

Kathi, in deference to reading thru whole post, did u everu ever give the name of the beautiful plant u have in urs?

bonnie

• hijole
    10 years ago

This is one of the before pics B.B "before breasts."

Kathi, drilling seems like such a task. That cement is heavy & solid. I'm sure it would be a good investment for the plants though.

Bonnie, lol... Nosey ;) just kidding tho of course and you are right! They don't enjoy soggy soil.
    The purple plant is called "Purple Heart " how appropiate huh ? I plan on making some changes but I'm gonna have to wait till tomorrow because I'm off to my grandsons ball game.

Greg

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Greg, thanks for the ID. Enjoy the game!!

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bonnie,the plant is called Kalanchoe Pumila,aka flower dust plant,aka ,blue kalanchoe.
    Kathi

• brit5467
    10 years ago

Thanks !!

This post was edited by brit5467 on Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 9:42

• hijole
    10 years ago

Ok so its friday and I took the headless goddess shopping for some new clothes, well sort of how does she look? I thought the other clothes (succulents) were too small for her, what do you think?

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Like that bigger head better,BUT,and you knew there had to be a But right.Isn't that big green plant going to get too big and crowd out the others?? Just askin"

Also those blue grey spots,are/is that another plant,and if so what,or is it stones.Whatever it is I like that pop of color.Tfs Greg,it's looking good.
    kathi

• hijole
    10 years ago

Hi kathi, yeah it has the potential to get rather large BUT I'm not going to allow it too, I think the amt of soill will determine how big it can grow. The little silvery things are stones. At first I thought you were talking about the angels but. I thought wow your treading were angels fear to tread. Lol.. :)

Greg