SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hare_scrambler

'Yuletide' Camellia root depth

hare_scrambler
15 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to provide my wife with the gift she asked for but I need some advice perhaps you can help. She would like a "yuletide" Camellia planted between two specific windows of our house. There are a couple of questions I need to inquire about.

1. How deep will the roots go? There is a propane supply line running directly under this spot and my wife would like to "hide" the regulator that is against the house. I still haven't dug down to see just how deep it is, I think it is less than 12 inches. Will the roots overpower the line? Will the line present adverse conditions for the plant? Will the plant eventually suffer as it grows bigger?

2. How well will the "yuletide" do in a shady area?

2. How close is too close to the house? I'd like the plant to get to about 10 feet tall and I think planting 5 feet from the house would have it end up almost touching the house.

3. What can you tell me about the required soil conditions as well as the necessary maintenance of the "yuletide"?

4. Where can I find this plant in NC and know that I'm buying from a repretable source?

Thanks so much for your time. Doug

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions