SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurelzito

Nursery to buy mint plants in SF bay area

Laurel Zito
14 years ago

Given that vegetable crops are not allowed to be sold from other states, I cannot get mint from Burpee or Wayside. I would have bought carrots and tomatoes from Burpee if they would ship them. Seeds are iffy, often I have germination problems. Then I read you can't get good mint from seeds it won't run true. I have been looking for some mint plants to grow in pots. I have been to Home Depot, Lowe's and Sloat and they all have herbs in little pots but no mints. I went on Annie's website and they have apple mint, but it's not available now.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a nursery that would have mint plants. I was hoping for spearmint or apple mint. They have all kind of weird things like bee balm, but why no basic simple plant like mint? Calling around for nurseries has not been that great an idea. The don't seem to have time to answer the phones. I was also looking for a little lamb hydrangea and I called a bunch of places with no results. I will probably hit some nurseries in the mid peninsula, but I was just wondering if there is some reason mint is hard to find, such as it's too invasive or out of season right now.

Comments (21)