SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_ont

Video of palm trees in Vancouver area.

Paul_Ont
11 years ago

Southern Ontario is considered one of the prime gardening areas in Canada. Some try to wrap palm trees or at least leave them potted for spring and summer. I know that some people outside BC don't like the idea of palm trees in Vancouver or Victoria. But it is interesting that such exotic trees can exist somewhere in Canada like they exist is the Sochi area of the former Soviet Union.

The new question is this... Could palm trees have grown in Vancouver before the 1950's when none were introduced or did the climate get milder? Also is it ok for all of the California coast and the city of Las Vegas to have many palm trees where they were never, ever native. Why the resistance against Vancouver for growing palm trees? How is that different from Los Angeles or Las Vegas? I'm reading about climate online and the issues of exotic plants in Ontario vs BC as I plan to retire. Is there a law against Canada to have palm trees while people in Ontario grow millions of non-native plants? Should Vancouver be proud of its palm trees like Los Angeles? If a Colorado Blue Spruce is planted in Ontario, is it a double standard to say any non-native tree not be planted in a place like Victoria, BC?

Anyways here's a reverse take on the Hollywood image of Canada. Palm trees growing in BC. It's a really interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZQ0blSNz4Y

Here is a link that might be useful: Palm trees on video near Vancouver

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus