SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shortyhead

Brug munching not poisonous to all?

16 years ago

We know that brug biting is dangerous, and that brug leaf eating is even more dangerous. With that in mind, I have searched all around my brug pots for dead creatures that have been eating them, but, alas, no success.

Either they are like elephants and have gone off to die, or they are still alive, and maybe even getting fat on my brugs, though I haven't read any reports that brug leaves are fattening. Perhaps they are merely able to maintain their ideal weight while eating brug leaves and that brugs may be their source of "fiber" to prevent cholesterol buildup.

They seem to be having a wonderful time. Some start munching in the middle of a leaf, while others start at the edge and eat inward. I can imagine them singing "Whistle while we work" with happy smiles on their faces.

I have attempted to discourage them by using insecticide soap, but it now seems that they may be also eating the soap. In a way, it is gratifying that I have provided a more balanced diet for the critters, but my preference is to discourage them.

Oh, what's to do? What's to do?

Jim

Comments (10)