SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

Hey All!! I'm baaaaaack...

daniellalell
15 years ago

I have been so busy, as I am sure most if not all of you have. Just couldn't get on here..I missed everyone! I hope everone has been doing well, as well as their plants!

I have been lost in pond hell, and trying to get all my plants in the ground..still not done...not even close. My tomatoes aren't even in the ground yet, and they need to be in ground sooo desperately. Have a couple brugs left to get planted. Just not sure where to put them!

I am having major slug and spidermite probs. Gotta get some beer for the slugs. Also have to get that Bayer 3 in 1..if I can find it. My HD doesnt have it. Now yesterday I noticed aphids. ARGH!!! And some big black aphid lookin things with red heads..what in the world are those?? They were all over my Digitalis. I have never seen them before. I was squishin lil suckers left and right.

Now, god only knows what kind of other critters I have introduced to my yard cuz yesterday DH came home from work with a big box full of ferns and other native woodland plants for me. He had soaked everything real good after he dug them up, but who knows. I found a couple weird lookin bugs in there but I squished em. Except for the bigger things..I stoned 'em, lol.

OK so I have a question..besides the slugs eating my leaves, something else is going on with some of the brugs.. I dont think the spidermites have gotten to them yet, just some other plants. I have been spraying some fungicide & miticide..did that 2x already. Haven't seen any webbing or anything on the brugs, BUT on some the leaves are dry and crinkly on the edges, and some of those are puckered looking and curling down & in on themselves, especially the new leaves. Kinda like the edge of the leaf is too small for the interior part of the leaf, ya know what I mean?

Amber Rose's new leaves are very yellow, just the veining is green..what is that????

I gave them a dose of Epsom Salt & MG so far. One application of each. Oh and when I planted them, either in pots or in the ground, I put a lil bit of compost & manure in the bottom of the hole, mixed with dirt then planted. I would say aprox 1 cup of each? Was this bad to do? Most are putting out so many new leaves and looking great, but others are just so pathetic looking with their messed up leaves. I have been pulling off the bigger leaves when they get too ratty looking.

Another question..My Strawberry Creme has quite a few leaves, but is soooo low to the ground, only maybe 6" tall. Can I pluck off those bottom leaves to give it more of a trunk like look? Will it put out top growth faster if I do this? Right now it just looks like low lying groundcover, lol.

So tell me how's everyone doin? How are the gardens coming along? Anyone have any brug buds or blooms yet? I have a few things blooming..but no brugs. forget me nots, azaleas, daffs, tulips, lily of the valley, columbines, got buds on some irises, mayapples, some gold yellow flowers I can't remember the name of..got buds on the roses & clems, baby buds on some asiatic lilies..and lotsa seeds poppin. Can't wait till everything fills in.

Daniella

Comments (20)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor