SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
green_thumb_wannabe

camelia hedge... one variety or mix it up?

I have been working on a landscape plan for our newly built home and would love some advice from you all regarding a camellia hedge. I would like a nice evergreen hedge along the side of our house (partial to full sun) and was originally thinking of just using a row of needlepoint hollies. This morning at the nursery, the owner highly recommended that I change it to a row of camellias. He has many varieties on site and I thought they were beautiful so I am definitely considering using them. My question is this: should I mix the varieties in the hedge to get different flowers and different bloom times or should I just go with one that I like the best (like Taylor's Perfection) along the whole row. The nursery owner thinks I will like the variety of colors and bloom times, but I really want the hedge to have a clean, uniform look to the hedge (same height, width, color of green, etc). What do you all think?

By the way, the wall I would be putting them along is about 27 feet in length, the brick is a light color, and there are only a few small windows on the first floor which are about 8 feet above the ground so the hedge won't block any windows. This side of the house is very visible from the street so I would be nice to have some pretty flowers there. We live in the piedmont region of NC, zone 7. Thank you for any input or advice you might give!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions