SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
devo_2006

One of my favourite Neo's.

devo_2006
17 years ago

After a long wait my N. xcorreia-araujoi has flowered this season. It was over 2 years ago when I started hunting for this plant, then, it took some time to find a clone I was happy with.

[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p311/devo_2006_photos/DSCF6627.jpg[/IMG]

I think these are just fantastic Neo's. They are large (this one is just under 1 meter in diameter with leaves up to 120mm wide)they have good form, and can stand up to our harsh summer sun without the leaves marking at all. As you can see from the photo, I have started some selective hybridising. My aim is for landscape plants with bold markings, while retaining the size, form of mum.

Flowering will continue for a little while yet, and I would welcome any suggestions for future hybridising. Looking over the registered hybrids, very few have been registered where this plant is one of the partents...is it too large...? Or does it not hybridise well...? Anyway, any suggestions of what to try, not to try, what has worked, not worked would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I find it very interesting that this plant shows some red spotting in the cup. I have only seen one other plant show similar markings, and that is flowering N. johannis 'De Rolf' (see FCBS photos).

Comments (14)

Sponsored