SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflymomok

Being put to the test

butterflymomok
15 years ago

After all that long discourse over Lepidoptera trading, I was confronted with an issue yesterday. I posted the following message on our local lep site:

I have been blessed with an overabundance of Pipevine Swallowtail caterpillars and eggs. Everyday there is at least one female laying eggs on the various pipevines in my yard. I just found over a dozen new cats on the

serpentaria. I am trying to keep them from devouring the serpentaria as it is fairly newly planted. If you have Aristolochia growing in your yard or in a wild area, and you would like some cats, please email me. I have

approximately 60 cats in various instars and 100+ eggs. You can have your choice!

I got this response:

Hi Sandy,

I would love to adopt your caterpillars and have the eggs.

I would be happy to pay for the shipping and some extra for your trouble!

If you could stuff in a lot of plant material with them, I would appreciate

that.

I would be happy to pay you $100 for the shipping and your trouble.

Thank you! I raise butterflies and can care for these very well. Just let

me

know if you will sell/send them to me and I can send you payment.

I've deleted the name to protect the person. But, I did a little research into who this person was. For starters, she was not a member of our okleps group. She also lived out of state. And, after some googling, I learned that she had a Butterfly farm and was purchasing livestock! I checked out her prices for live release BFs. $80-90 a dozen.

She won't be getting my PVs.

Sandy

Comments (6)

Sponsored