SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigthicketgardens

Big Thicket Gardens Update- Magnificent News

bigthicketgardens
16 years ago

Hello, everyone, first, I'd like to say thanks to each and everyone of you whom have purchased plants or other items from us over the years. You have helped me to make my dreams become a reality, and I bring you news of how the money that you contribute is going back to our global ecosystem. The first property that we acquired was a 12 acre parcel of beautiful land, with two rolling hills of ecological character, abounding in biodiversity, namely an extremely rich flora including plentiful host plants for an abundance of Lepidoptera species.

And, NOW, this is the magnificent news folks!, our bid on the property along the San Jacinto River was accepted!!! This is a small piece of land, but it is the only one in this little niche, that has YET to become available. It is the precise location where I saw the milksnake earlier this year, and is located next to another parcel that is allocated to remain a green space by the county(or to be used to for the good of the county). There is an old abondoned road that I invision being part of a nature trail/loop, which may, one day, run along a little stream and pond through a Sabal minor meadow, and a multifarious river bottom plant and animal community.

This beautiful creature was photographed and realeased on the property the second time that I assessed it.

{{gwi:497731}}

Today this beautiful spicebush swallowtail, Papilio troilus, butterfly completed it's metamorphosis!

{{gwi:497735}}

{{gwi:497737}}

{{gwi:497739}}

{{gwi:497741}}

{{gwi:497744}}

{{gwi:497749}}

{{gwi:497753}}

{{gwi:497756}}

{{gwi:497760}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Video with audio of the enchanted encounter

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting