SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
udo69

Quesnelia mamorata'Lyra'

udo69
15 years ago

Hi all,

I've heard about Quesnelia mamorata'Lyra' many years ago. I also saw this plant in the book "Blooming Bromeliads". It looks very similar to Ques.'Tim plowman'. I've never seen the real plants. I do not know what different be tween them. Is it the same plant? Anybody have the photos of this plants, please post it for me.

Cheers

Yong

Comments (5)

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

I've only seen the photo of Lyra, Yong, but I have Tim Plowman and I would recommend that cultivar if you want to get one. Before that I had one called Carrone's Curly, and while it was curlier than plain marmorata, it wasn't half as nice as Tim Plowman. TP is the curliest I've seen, and also has darker spotting than the other clones I've had, so that's the only one I grow now.

I'll try to find a picture, but the ones on FCBS are pretty accurate.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ques. Tim Plowman

• udo69
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Many thank for your comment. I already have Tim Plowman and also true Q.marmorata. I'm just wondering about those plant named "Lyra" because I've never seen real Lyra except in the book. How about your Carrone's Curly? That sound interesting! That might be pretty. Let me see the plant

Cheers
    Yong

• udo69
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Many thank for your comment. I already have Tim Plowman and also true Q.marmorata. I'm just wondering about those plant named "Lyra" because I've never seen real Lyra except in the book. How about your Carrone's Curly? That sound interesting! That might be pretty. Let me see the plant

Cheers
    Yong

• LisaCLV
    15 years ago

Sorry, I don't have it anymore. I got rid of it after I saw how much better Tim Plowman was.

• bromadams
    15 years ago

I saw Lyra today in the Baensch book. I like it.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions