SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Butterfly Day!

susanlynne48
16 years ago

This morning, Kenna and I were inundated by butterflies in the front yard. Of course, the rotting banana was out, and we had just tons and tons of huge Mourning Cloaks, Red Admirals, Hackberries, and Question Marks! She was able to catch a lot of each one in her net and was just thrilled!

We also have swallowtails, Sleepy Oranges, Cabbage Whites, and Pearl Crescents flying everywhere as well. This is THE BEST butterfly summer we've ever experienced since we started planting host and nectar plants for our butterflies. I don't know if it's just an extraordinarily good year for them, or if my garden has FINALLY become a sanctuary for them due to all the plants we have growing now. But, whatever the case may be, IT IS ASTOUNDING!

Thanks to each and every one of you, we have reached our goal of providing a habitat. I look around at other people's yards in the neighborhood, and every butterfly I see is right here, right now, right in our garden! It is a small garden, but evidently, the butterflies don't mind that.

Susan

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH