SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizium

ID of some cacti & succulents

elizium
18 years ago

I've got a few plants, most of which I've had for a while and not been unable to fully identify, so I thought I should post some pictures and see if you have any ideas.

The first cactus I need ID for is this:

{{gwi:470396}}

Here is another picture showing a cutting from the same plant:

{{gwi:470398}}

At first I thought it would be a Trichocereus spachianus, but after reading a bit more about it it seems like this one may have more ribs (my cutting has 16) and may be a bit larger than the typical spachianus.

The second cactus I'm wondering about is this, which was labeled only with Trichocereus:

{{gwi:470400}}

It's tiny for being a Trichocereus, only about 4" or so, but I don't know if it will grow any larger or if it's some sort of miniature hybrid.

Then, I've got this Agave. Is it a Parviflora, or something else, you think? I suspect that its yellowish color may be because it's been receiving too much sun or is unhappy about something else, rather than it being its natural color.

{{gwi:470402}}

I haven't been able to identify this any closer than it being a Gasteria.

{{gwi:470404}}

However, it surprised me by producing a massive amount of flower stalks. It ended up having quite a few more than what you can see in the picture below.

{{gwi:470406}}

Finally, I'm wondering about this plant which I'm not even sure if it would qualify as a succulent, but I thought maybe somebody here would know anyway. I can't remember where right now, but I think the closest resemblance of it I've seen on pictures was some sort of Kalanchoe. When this picture was taken, it had stopped flowering, but you can still see one of its orange flowers below the center of the picture. At its prime, it had many dozens or maybe even hundreds of those, but unfortunately I didn't take a picture then.

{{gwi:470407}}

Thanks for any information, and let me know if you have any questions or need more or better pictures.

Fredrik

Comments (11)

Sponsored