SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyisz

A nice little book!

ladyisz
16 years ago

Hey all. :)

I don't know how many of you have already bought or read this, but I picked up "Attracting Butterflies and Hummingbirds to Your Back Yard" (Sally Roth) at the store the other day on a whim and I'm really enjoying it! It would DEFINITELY be great for someone new to butterfly and hummingbird gardening, but for people that are more experienced, it also streamlines things a bit. The book includes easy garden plans, including a butterfly-shaped garden, and a simple field guide with a decent amount of species, their host plants, AND favorite adult plants. :)

I admit, there were things in the book that I already knew - which I re-read anyway just to in case something was mixed in that I didn't know yet. But there were also a lot of things I didn't know and some great little tips. There were also a couple of really cool pictures - including one of a red Zinnia that was being visited by a butterfly and a hummingbird at the same time. Very cute! :)

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon: Attracting Butterflies and Hummingbirds to Your Back Yard

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting