SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
token28001

Now what?

token28001
15 years ago

Okay, so I've got my cuttings from this fall and winter rooted. I'm sad to say neither of my kongmonsia cuttings made it. The first one kicked the bucket a couple months after it had rooted thanks to me overwatering it. The second one put out lots of new leaves and seemed to be doing fine until a month ago. Then the leaves curled up and died. The entire stem turned to mush. I tossed it on Friday.

So let's just say I'm a little nervous about the cuttings that did make it. I've got an orange and a yellow NOiD and three Ecuador Whites. They were rooted in 20oz drink cups with fluffy soil and good drainage holes. They are all putting out new growth and love the sunlight from the windows. I only water when the soil is dry and the cups are very light when lifted.

I want to plant these outside this spring. We still have another month before the last frost date so I expect to wait 6 more weeks before planting them out. What do I need to do to prepare them? Should I pot them into larger containers? Should I start fertilizing? Can I move them outside when no chance of frost exists?

Please give me advice. Thanks.

ps...they're already outside in the shade. I couldn't wait. The daytime temps are reaching 80 and nighttime we're only down into the 50s. If the temps drop below 40, I plan to bring them inside. They're in a shaded hoop house with all my other seedlings and rooted cuttings. Is this okay?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals