SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misssherryg

American Ladies Everywhere!

MissSherry
16 years ago

Before the hurricane, trees created such deep shade that weeds only grew in limited areas - post Katrina, there's a field of weeds in an open area on the east side of my property plus more weeds than before grow by my road/driveway and on various other parts of the property. Cudweed, the host plant for American ladies, is one of the most numerous of my new weeds. American ladies showed up later in the season this year than they usually do, but now that they're here, they're REALLY here! I've brought in about 25 cats just from the area that I thought my dogs would be most likely to trample - I've left those in safer places to fend for themselves. About every third cudweed sprout has a nest on it - if I had to guess, I'd say there are about 75 AL cats on my property!

When I went to my garden this evening, I thought that'd be one place where I wouldn't find any AL cats, since there is so little cudweed there - I was wrong -

{{gwi:478075}}
I've always thought AL cats were one of the prettiest cats!

Eventually the trees I've planted and the ones that have come up on their own that I've tagged as keepers will create enough shade that the weeds won't be such a problem - in the meantime, I'll just enjoy American ladies!

MissSherry

Comments (7)

Sponsored