SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
docmom_mn_zone_5

How is your milkweed doing?

docmom_gw
9 years ago

I made an extra effort this year to plant lots of milkweed seeds over the winter to increase the plants in my yard and to have extras to share. Just today I finally have seedlings of almost every variety I planted, and I also found the first ground-breaking sprouts on my returning A. Incarnata plants. I have tons of A. Syriaca, A. Incarnata, a few Whorled Milkweed, and one Poke Milkweed seedling. No sign of any tuberosa yet, but they are usually my slowest. Now that I've had such great success, I'm not sure exactly what to do with all my plants. I'd love to pot them up and sell them for a buck each at some farmers market, but don't want to bother with getting a formal spot. I could just leave them out at the side of the road as free offerings, but then you don't know who takes them or whether they know what to do with them. I'd love to ship them off to any of you, if you think they could survive shipping. Online retailers ship plants all the time, so we should be able to manage. Anyone else having good luck with their milkweed crops?

Martha

Comments (27)

Sponsored