SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redablazen

HELP!! Vrieseas-Charlotte

Redablazen
18 years ago

Hello,

I am a Very New Member, and I am hoping to be able to find out what to do with my new Plant that my husband brought home for our Anniversary... I have been all over the WEB trying to find out what to do with this plant.

So far I have found out that I have a Vrieseas, and she is a Charlotte. (That's her name, so that's what I call her.)

She was a beautiful plant with a long Yellow (sort of stalk blossom) coming out of the middle of her. The Yellow part looked like Nice Feathers, very close together... Problem is: now her Blossom, (feathers) have started to grow out with little funny looking things. And then they look sort of bad, and dried up.

My Charlotte is looking good otherwise... Nice green leaves, (I water Charlotte in her cups?) No brown leaves, she is really looking good, except for that bad looking yellow feather, that is not looking so good now.

What should I do with that blossom? Just let it look bad? And wait for Charlotte to have Pups? I understand that is what she is supposed to do... My Plant is going to have Pups some day? I think I understand that after Charlotte has pups she will die? Is it true, she will not grow another Feather Blossom?

I would appreciate any thing anyone can tell me about my Charlotte.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions