SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misssherryg

High Country Gardens Plants

MissSherry
12 years ago

I started to order some plants from this nursery several weeks ago, but changed my mind, after having given them my e-mail address. They e-mailed me about twice a week to promote their plants on sale - this was like poking liquor in the face of an alcoholic, and I fell off the wagon.

I've never ordered from High Country Gardens before, even though I've been tempted by their website.

I ordered:

1. Scrophularia macrantha, a darling plant nicknamed 'Redbirds in a Tree' - might be used by buckeyes for egg-laying. It's native area is high up in the mountains, so the chances for it thriving here are slim, but you never know - I've successfully grown high mountain plants before. Ordered two of these.

2. Salvia pachyphylla, a salvia I've never heard of, but looks interesting. Salvia is always a favorite of hummers as well as butterflies, so it might do dual duty.

3. Echinacea 'Tiki Torch', one of those new echinaceas. High Country said it needed pampering and some protection from wind and hot sun - I've got a good spot for it. Ordered two of these also.

4. Oenothera macrocarpa - I've always wanted to try some type cultivated primrose. If it's happy, it's said to make seeds, so I can plant more of it. There is a sphinx moth (white banded, as I recall) that occurs here that uses members of this family, plus the flowers are so pretty!

I have those typical feelings of shame that us plantaholics have when we don't control ourselves - maybe I can hide this order from my husband? :)

Sherry

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus