SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bromeliaddict

Keepers or Culls?

bromeliaddict
15 years ago

It's always a goal for hybridizers to produce new plants that are both attractive, and distinctive. I make attempts to keep up with current trends by periodically visiting growers around the country, and following new introductions on fcbs and here on the Bromelad forum. Nevertheless, I have to admit that I am isolated from most bromeliad hybridizers. I plan to post photos of some of my current and recently bloomed bromeliad hybrids. I hope at least that you will see some attractive qualities in many of them! As far as "distinctiveness", I am most receptive to any feedback that you may have to offer.

Neo. 'Royal Burgundy' x (Fosperior x Carousel)

{{gwi:477878}}

Most of the 'Gespacho' crosses exhibited quite a bit of variation.

Neo. 'Gespacho' x 'Merry-Go-Round' #08-1.

{{gwi:477880}}

Neo. 'Gespacho' x 'Merry-Go-Round' #08-2

{{gwi:477882}}

Not in bloom yet, but maybe the best of the grex? same colors as in 'Gespacho', but the 'layers' of color in the top and bottom of the leaf are far more uniform , so the color contrast seems much more striking- Neo. 'Gespacho' x 'Merry-Go-Round' #08-3

{{gwi:477883}}

At risk of making this post too photo heavy, I have several more photos posted on my web page http://sites.google.com/site/paulsbroms/

Click on the sub-page titled "Keepers or Culls?". I welcome your feedback either by direct email, or feel free to respond here on the forum.

Thanks,

Paul

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions