SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joryn_gw

Brug nutrient deficiencies?

joryn
15 years ago

Hi All,

First time posting, but I've been trolling these forums for a while now. Definitely been really helpful with getting my first Brugmansia alive and well.

I currently have my brug in a large (14" diameter) self-watering pot and it's been doing really well up until the past couple weeks. The plant is just over 3ft tall right now and has just Y'd at the top. Unfortunately the new growth after the Y is showing signs of chlorosis and the older leaves have some very slight browning/crisping of the tips.

After a bit of looking around it sounds like it could be an iron deficiency and I was hoping to get confirmation of this. I should note that since I've potted the brug in this pot (about 2 or 3 months ago) I've tried to keep water in the resovoir at all times, which it seemed to be fine with until now. I also have started adding some miracle grow 8-7-6 to the water about once a week just recently (past month) so perhaps that has something to do with it also.

Should I tone back the watering? Get some chelated iron for an additional boost? Should I look into epsom salts perhaps?? Lots of questions, so any input would be great.

Thanks so much for the input!

Best regards,

Joe

Comments (21)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County