SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

A Newbie w/A Question...

daniellalell
16 years ago

OK so, I read the FAQ, but still have a question. If I wintersow with this method, which it sure looks like I will..These seeds germinate a lil earlier than if I would direct sow? So by time I would normally direct sow, would I already have small starter plants like I would buy at the nursery? Or would I just have lil seedlings?

Now, normally I direct sow spring seeds in late April/early May. With winter sowing outdoors would I have small plants by this time? Or would they be just starting to germinate?

I understand everything else but this.

I have already started some seeds indoors with bottom heat and lights, but I have others I would love to try this method with..like tomorrow, lol. Can I do 'Lisianthus Echo Blue Hybrid' (annual but seeds are slow and takes 3-4 months to flower & I would like it to flower all season) and 'Dwarf Crape Myrtles' (perennial) here in 6b? I was planning on starting them indoors tomorrow, but if I can do them outside I would prefer to..after all, I dont have that much room in my small house..5 people have to live here too, not just plants and seeds lol.

Forgive a newbie for being dopey..but I didn't see anything about this in the FAQ?

Thank you,

Daniella

Comments (21)

Sponsored