SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Whacky Jade whackers...more pics and ??'s

Hi there, have been reading with great interest the posts on here regarding Jade plants and how to shape them etc. One of you asked for more pics so here are my 2 Jades that are around 8 yrs old from cuttings. They don't get any special treatment other than watering/feeding every 2 weeks or so and they both usually flower for me during the colder months here in the UK. They weigh a TON! I've picked off all their leaves and trimmed them on the odd occasion and they now look like this...

{{gwi:485693}}

{{gwi:485697}}

I welcome any comments/suggestions as to how to deal with them now they have reached this stage. Do you think the new growths are a bit to leggy, do some of the branches need removing? etc etc. Realise it's down to personal taste, but I want to know what your opinions are!! Both pots are 7in in diameter at the top, both plants have 'trunk girth' of 10inches, and they're 18 and 21 inches tall from soil level respectively. They usually live in the g/h during the summer months but at present are in an unheated room for the winter as the heated/south facing rooms rooms are full of my other more tender plants (d/h says enough is enough!). I think that's why the growths are a bit lanky so I'm considering another whack, but where, how severe?...what do you all say?

Gill.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor