SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
river_crossroads

Zone Wars! We need a counter!

Hi all, we need a counter for Zone Wars - Dec 22, 2011 Winter Solstice through May 1, 2012. As gardenweed asked recently, "Is anyone stepping up to keep track of the container count by zone for the Zone Wars?" This is our annual battle by zone, see links for more info.

Newbies welcome. I think Manda was a newbie last year when she volunteered to be the counter.

I will be delighted to help someone get the spreadsheet going but I am not the right person to be the counter. Life for me is busy & I only put out a few jugs in my warm climate where many plants are perennial. Neither Emily/Hostarookie nor Manda has replied to my e-mail inquiry. Hope that they are ok.

It would be nice to have 2 people, a counter and a backup, in case the counter gets the flu, gets hit by a terrible storm, etc, etc.

Many ways to do the count. If someone likes the excel format, I've got the spreadsheet from last year set up online at free googledocs. Excel on your harddrive is not required for this method, but Em thought it was faster/easier to type in excel on her harddrive & copy columns into the online spreadsheet, which simply gets updated. Dial-up internet works but slugglishly I am told. With high speed internet it is a snap. It is all set up, just needs someone to type in screen names and jug count. Or choose another way to do the count as there are various possibilities. Any takers?

Suggestion: Keep it simple, fancy formatting can be time consuming. But jazz it up as you wish!

Links that might be useful:

Empty spreadsheet that's available online - permissions need to be set

Spreadsheet from last year

Word doc so you will need to click more than once within the doc (loads slowly):

Links to previous zone wars threads

Comments (7)

Sponsored