SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paxfleur

H. Neon Pink

paxfleur
15 years ago

Hi ya'll -- I've been so busy with all thats been going on and haven't been able to check on the forum family as often as I would've liked. My "Neon Pink" has been going at it for the past week but I haven't had the time to take pictures untill today (thus, you will notice a wilting flower in the pictures) but will ya'll believe, my Neon Pink has SEVEN blooms! Wowza! =) Anyways, the flowers aren't quite as neon pink as depicted on the pictures available online but most plant connoisseurs already know that a lot of the pictures online are fixed and 'touched up'. But wow, seven flowers! Just for the flower count per scape, I would choose Neon Pink over any pink, any day! =) Maria and Blanca -- let us know how your Neon Pinks do; I hope they brighten up your winter months! =) Blanca -- I hope the fire in California isn't affecting you very much; although I heard the air pollution is ridiculous at the moment. All ya'll in California are in my prayers. And Maria -- did ya'll get snow down in Ewings? NoVA got our first flurries today...wahoo! =)

This is the Neon Pink that was depicted by retailers this season:

{{gwi:438613}}

Here is my actual Neon Pink......with flash....

{{gwi:438614}}

Not as vibrant as described by growers -- but look at how she shines ya'll....she is purrrty

{{gwi:438615}}

Neon Pink without the flash....

{{gwi:414886}}

It's a full house on this scape....

{{gwi:438617}}

Gorgeous......

{{gwi:372332}}

Ya'll take care now....see you soon! =)

Comments (16)

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Oh, my! Look at all those blooms! It's just lovely, Paxfleur! Personally, I don't put much stock in the photos that help sell each variety... they always seem to give flowers a bit more of a spin than they deserve. But, you are right... just the sheer number of flowers on that scape makes it worth trying!

It's very lovely! Thanks for sharing!

• larschar
    15 years ago

Yours looks SO much better than the ones that were potted up at Westside Market. I think those poor things may have done better with water from the get-go, but who knows. I love yours! Thanks so much for posting it. I wasn't sure if I was going to get one or not. This makes up my mind!

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Wowzer Pax, that is definitely NEON! How stunning.

• threas
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing, Pax!Just gorgeous, great job!

Theresa

• mariava7
    15 years ago

My NEON ROSE...

Flash off...
    {{gwi:438619}}

Flash on...
    {{gwi:438621}}

A very lovely new variety!

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

It's a lovely variety, Maria! And very consistent with Pax's, I see... that's good!

Thank you for sharing! I really like that one! So far, the verdict is... it's a keeper, I think!

• mariae
    15 years ago

It is giving me tickles in my stomach, I don't know why? :o), is definitely a keeper....

• paxfleur
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maria -- Isn't Neon Pink quite the charmer? I'm expecting Rozetta and Amalfi to bloom soon as well so I will have to compare notes. How many blooms/per scape did you get? I hope you're having fun in Baltimore! :)

Just FYI: My Neon Pink is pushing out yet another scape so I'll try put it in a cooler-sunnier location and see if it colors up more than the first scape. Usually the second scape performs better than the first.

• mariava7
    15 years ago

Hi Pax! Yes Neon Pink is a beauty. I hated leaving it behind when it was in full bloom. It had 6 flowers in the first scape. It now has another scape coming up. I did had a great time in Baltimore. Being with family is always priceless. The trip back home today was bad though, raining and crawling traffic in I-81!!! It's great to be home specially when you are welcomed by Lima, Evergreens, Sweet Lillian and Jungle Bells blooms. The Lachenalia Viridifloras are still putting out flowers...amazing little things!

• paxfleur
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Talk about stinky weather -- It's still raining here in NoVA. Hopefully the roads weren't icy though? Please post pictures of your Lima, Evergreens, Sweet Lilian, and Jungle Bells! =) Finally, the long-awaited Evergreen is in bloom at your home! :) I know you were trying to organize that group order for Wayside last year but it fell through. I ordered Evergreen as well but don't know when it will be shipped.

Your Lachenalia is BEAUTIFUL! I was actually looking at Telos yesterday and was considering buying a couple bulbs but I simply do not have the space for anymore plants!! lol. I still have about 10-15 hippies to pot up and I just received notice from Edens Blooms that my order has finally shipped so there comes another 10 bulbs to pot. :) I always look forward to your pictures; I'm glad you made the trip back home safe. Take care!

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

I, too, have been drooling over the rare bulb varieties at Telos, and though I'd love to order a few, I don't know where I'd put them! I'm so out of space!

I'm glad you had a nice Holiday, Maria, and even more happy that you made it home safe! Coming home to blooms is always nice! The last time we went north to visit, we arrived back just in time to see a little pink rain lily in bloom! It was only one tiny bloom, but it was still nice!

• mariava7
    15 years ago

Ahhhh...I have been going back and forth in Telos website for the past months. I think I'll get my X'mas present for myself from them...lol!

That Evergreen order from Wayside was just not meant to happen....period! Did you know that I ordered it again early this season, 6 bulbs! Guess what? After several weeks I get a boxfull of replacement bulbs WITHOUT any notice!!! CS rep said they got sold out and they will be available in spring. Wayside has been amusing me for 2 seasons now...lol! So I got Evergreen from other sources...it's everywhere right now anyway.

Jodi..."Coming home to blooms is always nice!" Tell me about it! LOL! After all the complaints and fussing of the kids in that long trip, I wished I brought a hippie in bloom with me to save my sanity!!!

Here is a pic I got to take today. Outside in the cold but it was a lot better than pics taken inside. Jungle Bells in it's second scape with bigger and better blooms! Enjoy!
    {{gwi:438623}}

• paxfleur
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol I got me an Evergreen this season as well. So true about it being everywhere and a lot cheaper too! :)

Is this the Jungle Bells from Gurneys?? Mine put out a single scape and called it quits and is currently just putting out nice leaves. Wow, did ya'll get snow already??? Jungle Bells looks beeeeeaautiful!

• mariava7
    15 years ago

No, this JB came from another source...bigger size. My JB from Gurney's performed just like yours.

Yup! We got snow up here. It was on and off today but we are forcasted to get more tonight until tomorrow morning. Classes are already declered 2 hours delayed. Yayyyy...more time for me to sleep!

• paxfleur
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Darn lol, I knew I should've ordered from Parks. If there's anything I learned from Gurneys, it's that you get what you pay for. A lesson learned. :)

It's so funny that we both live in Virginia but we have totally different weather. I can't wait for it to snow in NoVA -- all my spring bulbs are starting to come out of dormancy since the weather has been crazy and I need a good snow storm to put them back to sleep. In NoVA, the counties don't declare a two-hour delay unless there's atleast 5-6 inches of snow. :/

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Oooh! Very pretty, Maria! I do like the faint little red markings... another keeper!

Yes, we do get exactly what we pay for... although, every once in a while we get surprised! I broke down and bought my Evergreen from Edensblooms, through Ebay. It's currently pushing two scapes, so I think it might be one of those surprises that costs us less! Wayside wanted an exorbitant amount of money for theirs, and they were constantly sold out. After I got the actual bulb, Larry looked at it and said I should have bought at least 2 more! I don't where I would have put them, though... I'm crowded!

I haven't ordered bulbs yet from Park's or Gurney's... I've been really tempted by WFF, though... they have such a wonderful selection!

You guys will be getting the snow after it's done here, I'm sure... last night, and all day yesterday, we had snow and high winds. Today is sunny, but cold. It's actually supposed to warm up a bit here shortly.

Pax, my pink French Pussywillow shrub has little catkins trying to grow... well, up until yesterday, that is... talk about goofy weather!

Sponsored
More Discussions