SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chadkragland

Thank you & Questions

chadkragland
17 years ago

Hello all:

This is my first post, I am new to "in the ground" gardening (been growing orchids for 20 years.) I have learned a lot reading the many posts, thank you to all. In April 06 my wife and I bought our first house (left condo living) and I have been re-doing our whole front yard (lot's to learn.)

Recently while on a walk with my wife, and our two daughters (Weimaraners) my wife fell in love with a Brugmansia our neighbor has, she begged me to order a few off of E-bay, now I have a Pink Angel Trumpet, about 4 inches tall, a Brugmansia called Double Delight, and one called MAYA, both are about 16 inches tall.

My questions, I have planted all three in separate, but relatively equal locations(sunny, south-west facing), in my front yard (I live in Central FL) I dug each hole about a foot deep/wide, and filled with new bagged dirt from local nursery (has peat & vermiculite.) When should I expect these to bloom? How fast do these beauties grow? Is there anything I should/could do to train them to grow more tree-like? Is a 20-20-20 fertilizer the best option? Living in what I belive is Zone 9b, do I need to cut these back each year? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chad

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals