SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
countrycarolyn

Do you think this would work??

countrycarolyn
13 years ago

I seriously am sitting here and thinking, (yeah I know scary) and I have always sowed seeds in the spring. I had one pot outside that I had planted some tennessee coneflower in. Well not all of the seeds germinated. I just left the pot outside all year well the next spring I had seedlings pop up. I did nothing to that pot, I mean I didn't even water it though it was a pot within a pot and the one holding the pot was one of those that had the water tray on it. So yes the one pot did hold water for the pot that had seed so it could retain water from the bottom. When it rained or snowed only, nothing from me at all cause I seriously gave up on the seeds. No this pot was not covered!! No protection at all!!

If a plant will reseed with no protection, then wouldn't it work with our containers??

My question here is do we really need lids for our containers?? Or is that so that no other seedlings will blow in the pot?? That is how that tickseed busted that one pot, it was totally out in the open no cover at all.

What do you guys think??

I may try it with some seeds that aren't so expensive and extremely common. I am thinking natives would actually do good like this.

Comments (18)

Sponsored