SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blayz_gw

Greetings all!

blayz
16 years ago

Hi there and hello to all you fellow Amaryllis addicts!

I've been growing these bulbs for over fifteen years now, time enough to learn a thing or two. Im also heavily into orchids. This year I just got my first greenhouse, a small 8 by 10 freestanding structure, though I have yet to put the finishing touches on it (details details).

Amaryllis wise I have gotten to the point where mainstream varieties are no longer of much interest to me. Been there done that, though it's still a must to have most of them with me (wink). Ive gotten hooked into breeding as well....made some fifteen different crosses in 03 and 04. The biggest seedlings will just be starting to bloom this year, the delay caused by the fact that I had no choice but to force dormancy on the little ones each winter (no room) So, needless to say, my biggest interests which I would like to discuss here are topics involving variety characteristics, breeding and details on culture.

looking forward to all this. Kind of an unprecedented move for me though, this forum bit...Im not big on cyberspace.

Cheers!

Blayz

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions