SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larschar

Has anyone noticed?

larschar
15 years ago

So there I was in my fave place in the world this past Sunday when BOOM. There they were. Tarzhay (Target) is offering amaryllis bulbs. Of course, they only have white, red lion and appleblossom. On the OTHER hand it may just be worth the buy even though I have all of those varieties. The pot they come with is well worth the $9.99 price tag. Let me tell ya, CUTE pot.

After standing there weighing my options and scenarios for a few minutes, I bolted from lovely Tarzhay to lit over to Home Depot. Okay, seriously? Home Depot having a crappy selection of bulbs? Yeah, I kid you not. Same old top three bulbs sold in so-so pots. Of course, I had the bug now. I couldn't go home without buying a new bulb.

I grumbled my way out of Home Depot and made my way to Wal-Mart. Ta-daaaaaa......they are so cheap and dodgy as a whole, but they never let me down for selection. So, there I stood opening and closing and inspecting and hording much to the strange looks from passing customers. I must have been a sight.

Finally, I chose a perfect Stargazer with a bulblet attached. Only one scape is poking up. No leaves so far. The Pink Diamond I picked up from there the other day has one leaf and two scapes, so that's great. The Minerva is freaking me out. Two leaves, both a scorched maroon color. I'm watching it carefully. That's what I get for picking up a $5.00 Minerva, huh?

So, today I'm heading back to the Mart of Walls and acquiring a Grand Cru. Ever heard of it? Like it? Hate it? Let me know.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions
More Discussions