SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

Friendship Plants

jodik_gw
14 years ago

Over the past couple years of belonging to our family-like group here within the forum, I've received some wonderful bulbs, seeds, and plant cuttings through care packages and trades... and I just wanted to share a few photos with everyone. The forum will be getting busy, now that hippeastrum season has arrived, so I want to sneak this in before it gets too busy!

These are just a few of my cherished "Friendship Plants"... I have many more seedlings, cuttings, offsets, and bulbs that my dear and generous friends have gifted me with. Thank you, all!

Bulbs from Maria... I received them as tiny little seedlings, and they've grown quite a bit! This one is Orange Sovereign x Orange Sovereign.

{{gwi:433674}}

Ledebouria from Kitty... a South African bulbous plant with beautiful mottled leaves.

{{gwi:433675}}

An Epidendrum radicans cutting from Cindee... it's grown its own keikis and a new growth is starting in the pot!

{{gwi:433677}}

Night blooming Cereus from Chaz... it's growing very well, and will need re-potting soon!

{{gwi:433678}}

Also from Chaz, a small Dendrobium piece that is starting to fill up its pot! I'm really impressed with the growth, since my environment isn't the kindest to orchids!

{{gwi:433679}}

A pregnant onion plant from Chaz... growing well and gaining size!

{{gwi:433681}}

Hymenocallis bulbs from Dan... these are just beginning to rest, having grown long leaves and bloomed beautifully earlier this summer!

{{gwi:433682}}

The tops of Alstromeria, from cuttings Tally sent! I kept this plant outside all summer, and it bloomed gorgeous red flowers! I hope I can keep it alive over winter.

{{gwi:433684}}

Here's the whole Alstromeria plant... it appears that stems bloomed previously are dying back, but the younger ones are still nice and green.

{{gwi:433686}}

Tally's Alstromeria on the left, and a Chalice Vine from Chaz on the right...

{{gwi:433687}}

Even if you don't see your name or your gifts pictured here, know that I cherish them just as much as the plants in the photos! Every friendship plant I have is part of my wonderful jungle... and I love them all! Thank you so much for filling my jungle, and my life, with your gifts and your friendship... you are very special people, and I love you all! :-)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions