SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan820

I found something on a bulblet

ryan820
15 years ago

Hi all--

I was looking through my bulblets that came detatched from the mom bulbs and looking for their progress in root production. Most either kept their own roots when taken from the moms and are growing new ones while some had none but had basal plates. About half of those have yet to develop any roots. Overall, not bad.

However, I was cleaning one bulb that had only one new root but it had a lot of dead tissue I wanted removed to prevent rot. I noticed this tiny little translucent worm near the basal plate. I also noticed a very, very small little insect that looked like it could move pretty fast. What are these and how concerned should I be for all my bulbs? The insect was no bigger than a small pin-prick. The worm was no bigger that the end of a pin but a bit longer (hence the worm!). I think it could easily be an earthworm eating the dead tissue as thats what they do-- but want your input.

And this one is for Kristi in particular-- what do you feel worked the best for you in terms of ridding your bulbs of bugs? The hot water method or splitting the bulbs-- I ask JUST in case I need to do the same thing. I'd rather do the hot water method simply because I haven't the room to nurse things back to health-- mostly due to the lack of light and room.

Ryan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions