SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

Rainy Saturday

Noni Morrison
13 years ago

I have had a nice time "Messing around with plants" today. First I sorted out all my Amies who's leaf health I am not positive of and trucked them back to my work room where they will be isolated from the rest of them. They went in under the old light system in there.

Back in my greenhouse I got hubby to hoist a new bag of potting soil into my dry sink so I could pot up my Van Engelen and Colorblends amies.(Danged shoulder still not healed up.) From Colorblends I had Naranja, Grand Cru and Antarctica, 3 of each. From VE I have 3 each of Evergreen, Wedding Dance, Red Pearl and Cocktail. I am not quite sure now why I ordered these variates back in July ...just ones I thought would be useful or fill in gaps in my colors. I do like big white ones.

I also planted up crates of tulips to force in the greenhouse for Valentines Day sales, and early spring bouquets and orders. Hubby moved my old shelves that stood in my collapsible (collapsed!) and we will use that to chill the bulbs outside the north side of the greenhouse.

It feels good to have spent the day this way and get this much done even in the drizzling rain spats. The bulbs look so nice, all big and plump and clean and ready to grow!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions