SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia ~ Saturday

Well, it is a rainy Saturday Morning here. This week saw the return of Summer, if only for a few days, but now it seems Fall is back. Oh well, picking up some more bulbs to get planted, and looking for bulb food - how did that suddenly become so hard to find??!!

Well, I had saved a great link for a question this week - can I find it?? Noooooooo. Oh well, desperation has set in and I ended up surfing the web, and landed on This Day in Music. This should be fun.

1. In 1957, Elvis was voted the Number 2 singer in the world. Who was voted #1?

2. In 1978, a country music star/legend was abducted, beaten and held in her car for two hours by a kidnapper wearing a ski mask. He held a gun on her and forced her to drive 90 miles from Nashville, Tennessee. She was later released and the kidnapper escaped... Who was the star?

3. In 1962, an instrumental track went on to be the first major hit from a UK act on the American chart also reaching No.1. Any ideas?

4. 1961, Bob Dylan played a showcase at New York's Carnegie Hall. To the nearest hundred, how many people attended?

5. And finally, we lost a great voice on this day in 1970. Who did we lose?

There will be clues, but this shouldn't be too much of a challenge, except possibly for TM - lol. Or perhaps not!! I'll be back with clues for all later this morning! In the meantime, I am off to a neighbouring, quaint town for a little shopping - yes, even in the rain.

Nancy.

Comments (15)

Sponsored