SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_ont

protecting containers

chris_ont
16 years ago

Hi

I've read some of these posts and FAQ's but I'm still not convinced that this would work for me. Since I'm certainly not unique in this part of the world, perhaps others have some tips.

I see pictures here of containers of all descriptions, including cups! used for winter sowing. And placed on tables! Well, it wouldn't even take much of a storm up here to pick up the lot and send it over to the neighbor's yard.

One of the FAQ's suggested moving the containers when a storm approaches, but strong winds are just part of our regular Winter up here.

I plan to use larger containers (i.e. gallon pots) to get more weight and place them on the ground in a sheltered corner. Still, I'm not convinced that that's enough to keep them standing still for the season.

I can't really sink them into the ground because the current beds are pretty much full and the new ones not yet dug (and not too sheltered).

Any advice on where to place containers? I'm in Central Ontario, lots of freeze-thaws and milder winters lately, but when it's cold, man, it's COLD! And windy.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH