SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marymcp_2

Lady Banks Hedge

We have a huge hedge of banks roses planted about 4 years ago to cover 150' of chain link fence. The fence runs along the alley at the back of our house. About half of the roses are doing great, the other half show stress. Three or 4 plants look completely dead. We have been baffled about why one section is doing so great while the rest so poorly.

A while ago I was in the alley and noticed a pattern of water saturation from my neighbors run-off that appears to match with the plants that are distressed. This is an absentee owner who failed to sell his home when the market was up and now does not want to sell because it's so low.

My questions to the group are: 1) does anyone know how to find ownership information so that I can contact him at his primary residence (which is local)? 2) do you think the roses are simply drowning or could there be something 'in the water', so to speak? 3) what Maricopa County agency can I contact to complain if discussions with the homeowner are not fruitful?

And finally, what in the world could all this water be? It's been going on for at least 2 years. I had spoken to him about it once before when he came by for a property check and it seemed to abate for a bit but now it's baaacckk. If he is back-flushing something, the pool? a water softening systtem? could chemicals be causing the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mary

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting