SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

The Final Act...

jodik_gw
15 years ago

September is here, and the gardens are blooming their last for the season... soon, frost will hit and everything will settle in for a long winter's nap. While the show is almost over outdoors, it has yet to begin indoors! Hippeastrum season is almost upon us once again, with its large and colorful blooms!

These are the final shots from my gardens... I'm happy to have shared the glory of my gardens with all of you this past season... and very appreciative that you've allowed me to do so!

On with the final show...

Sheila's Perfume, shrub rose...

{{gwi:426019}}

Sterling Pink, climbing rose...

{{gwi:426020}}

That Red Mini, still going strong...

{{gwi:426021}}

Red Knockout rose...

{{gwi:426022}}

White Iris in September...

{{gwi:426024}}

Gaillardia, a different form...

{{gwi:426026}}

A Lavender Clematis in September...

{{gwi:426028}}

Pineapple Sage...

{{gwi:426030}}

Dark Purple Clematis and Fleece Vine...

{{gwi:426032}}

Black Jade, miniature rose bud...

{{gwi:426034}}

Big Bird Daylily with Asters...

{{gwi:426036}}

Joseph's Coat, climbing rose...

{{gwi:426038}}

And a few from the indoor jungle...

Scadoxus, post bloom, with very large leaves!

{{gwi:426039}}

H. striatum, "Miss Ethel"...

{{gwi:426040}}

And finally, the lovely leaves of the Chalice Vine...

{{gwi:426042}}

Thank you all so much for indulging me this past season... I hope my garden spreads have helped to fill in the slow season here... and I do hope everyone has enjoyed walking through my gardens, as they've gone from early spring bulb blooms, to the final curtain call of autumn.

I was hoping to have something profound to add here, but all I can think to say, is that I'm thankful for all of my gardening friends, I've thoroughly enjoyed sharing this past season with all of you... and, I'm looking forward to sharing this coming Hippeastrum season with all of you, as well!

Happy Gardening!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions