SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

Some end of August Pics

vera_eastern_wa
16 years ago

Can't believe the 1st of September is just around the corner! That around here usually means the first frost commeth quick...eeeeeeeeek! It's normally around Sept. 15-18th

Snapdragon 'Black Prince', 3rd year around....I moved the ones to this bed about this time last year so there not as big as the ones I left alone...either that or they don't like the soil here as well.

{{gwi:425638}}

Marigold and Petunia...

{{gwi:425641}}

Sunset Flowering Kale.....had nice color before summer, then they faded real bad but looks like the cooler nights are helping them along. My only real problem with these were early summer aphids...and I mean BAD. I almost yanked them because it was too hard to get to the aphids in the tight top forming center rosettes with the water hose, but sure enough the ladybugs and parasitic wasps figured it out!

{{gwi:425643}}

Here is my one and only Cactus Zinnia...I removed the first flower...I didn't like it. I figured it needed to grow a bit because the plant was scrawny looking so the flower was too...has new buds, so maybe. Of course that's BES and Amaranth in there.

{{gwi:425644}}

Sweet Alyssum and Catmint (Nepeta mussinii)....

{{gwi:425645}}

This years wintersown Anise Hyssop....every last one of them bloomed this year! The bees LOVE them :D

{{gwi:425647}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor