SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto2_gw

OT- canna virus - makes me want to cry :(

mommyto2
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I know you guys might be able to understand my sadness. I learned about canna virus about a week ago and I have monitoring my cannas for such symptoms. And yeasterday, I took pictures of all of my canna leaves and compared it to the ones on Horn canna farm's website and sure enough most of my precious cannas are infected :( my favorite ones at that (tropicanna, princes Diana, pink sunburst, bengal tiger, striped beauty, cleopatra and maybe even my sttutgard)

I was and still am so upset. I have to dig them all up and put them in the trash :( I don't know if I want to replace them since the virus seems to be very wide spread. I got mine from reputable nurseries here in NC and over the internet as well as individuals. I don't know if it's my fault that all of them are infected. But I do clean my prunners with bleach/water solution when I deadhead them.

I just don't know what t do. I have some that don't seem to be infected, but those are not really something that I adore.

I just wanted someone to talk to since you guys feel the same way about plants that I do and at the same time expose this problem to other people that like me didn't know about the canna virus and might have time to save their cannas before being infected. There's a thread on the canna forum about this problem if anyone is interested.

Thanks all for letting me vent here!!

Monica

Comments (4)

Sponsored