SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keithinkeylargo

bamboo lost all leaves after planting

KeithInKeyLargo
10 years ago

I just planted eight bamboo plants, bought from a small backyard nursery, grown in a beautiful yard full of magnificent, huge bamboos. I planted 2 Dwarf Budda Belly (B.vulgaris Wamin), 4 Weaver's (B. textilis gracilis) and 2 Timor Black (B. lako). One week later, the Budda Belly and Weaver's are doing fine. All the leaves on the Lakos turned brown (some fell off, some stayed on), and all the few little branch shoots that were starting to come off the culms also turned brown. I had left town just after planting and my neighbor watered them while I was gone. I'm sure he put adequate water on them - he watered twice a day once they started looking bad - I had told him if the leaves curled at all that they weren't getting enough water, and please water more - I'm sure he did that. They were in 2 gallon pots - all the other bamboo varieties were very root bound, the Lakos were not. I hope the Lakos make it - I've got them all on a drip watering system (water 2x day) - how long should it be before I see some signs of life, if they will make it?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH