SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dewisri_gw

Please recommend a bamboo variety

dewisri
18 years ago

I want to plant bamboo as a screen around a spot where I'm having an LP gas tank installed. The space I have is about three feet by about six feet, with a one-foot by five-foot extension (along the side of the LPG tank).

The spot is under the eaves of the house, eaves are about nine feet, so I'll need a dwarf size and/or I'll prune. The spot is sunny almost half the day, the soil is sandy, well-drained and I'm going to water it regularly with reuse from our washing machine filtered through limestone rocks (a mini drain field, in other words). I can fill the spot with compost.

The spot is along the south wall of the house between a cobbled path and the side of the house.

My preferences are thick and bushy/jungly looking and fastest-growing, I have a good local source and would like to go buy some plants tomorrow. I'm not looking for cheapest, although I have way too much respect for boo aficionados to aspire to a trophy-class stand.

I've been reading this forum pretty regularly for about three months now and any advice will be appreciated. I'd prefer listening to some seasoned advice as my boo plots are somewhat limited and I'm hoping to make the best of them with the help so frequently offered on this forum.

Comments (4)

Sponsored