SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb_in_bama52

Black Ants are taking over!!

debbie
9 years ago

has anyone had trouble this year in their yard with those big black ants? I would say they are carpenter ants, but they have holes in the ground - no mound, just a hole - and seem to be scavenging for leaves and such. I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to them, and they are all over my yard. I can't go outside to water plants without getting bit. I have sprayed them with ant killer, set out handmade bait, storebought bait, and nothing is killing them. the ant killer will do the job, but there's no way to get all of them...they also attack when you spray them - they run directly for you. I don't want to take an epipen with me when I water my plants. these ants are large and black, almost half an inch long. oh, and recently there has been two episodes of flying black ants in the fenced in area where my dog goes out. there were so many of these flying ants that I could HEAR them walking across the leaf litter. anyone got any ideas how to kill them? we've been in this house for 10 years and live in northern Surprise (Phoenix area), on acreage in the desert, and I've never had problems till this year... never seen these flying ants either, till this year. I've tried the borax mixed with jelly (and also pnut butter) and they won't touch it.. any ideas???? thanks for any info you have.
Debbie

Comments (19)