SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

In Spite Of Poor Weather...

jodik_gw
15 years ago

The Midwest has been plagued recently by thunder storms, torrential rainfall, high winds and lots of lightening... the results are massive flooding and over-saturated ground, and the winds have left many plants battered and bent... in spite of all this, the blooming continues!

Here are a few of the latest photos taken... just this morning, in fact! Last night brought an astounding 8 inches of rain, and many bridges and roads in the area are impassable!

These 2 interesting Garlic bulbs were found at the local garden center... they are both in scape, ready to bloom! They are a little bit reminiscent of hippi bulbs and flowers!

A grouping of containers... they'll look much nicer as the season progresses!

Dianthus and Chives share a small garden area...

The Red Mini Rose has finally opened its first bloom!

In all its glory... almost!

The Red Climber is following suit...

The top of the climber...

The rain and wind-tattered blooms of the Siberian Iris...

Heuchera "Creme Brulee" with flower spikes...

A new Pink Groundcover Rose...

And a Red Groundcover Rose...

Minnie's Cross... I need to figure out a way to place it at her grave so the wood won't rot at ground level... it's made from the pickets of an old fence section...

One of the many staging areas for potted perennials...

Seed Flats... lots of sprouts!

The horses... waiting to come in for their afternoon feed...

A pair of Peacocks in the aviary...

Green and Blue eyes in the dark... mama and baby kitties in the barn...

The Goat... reaching for that tasty leaf!

The flood at the crossroads...

The road has been closed due to flooding...

I couldn't trek through the mud to get photos of the hunting lodge, which is about 3 feet from having the creek inside! The entire area of lower land is completely under water, including the grotto... and the forecast calls for more rain!

In spite of the wicked weather, the gardens are blooming and changing on a daily basis! Everything is growing so fast, and everything is so beautiful! It would be a shame not to share it with everyone! I hope you enjoyed yet another short tour of the happenings on our little flower farm!

Don't be shy... I've shown mine... it's your turn to show yours!

Happy Gardening!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions