SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pagancat

Gweeber Par-tee to celebrate fall and friends!!!

Pagancat
18 years ago

For all who were interested in the get-together October 1st, I have reserved the 'Volleyball Ramada' at Steele Indian School Park from 8am-1pm. It's a covered ramada with picnic tables (3 or so,) next to the Volley ball court, children's playground and Basketball court. For those familiar with the park, it's in the uppermost NW corner, right behind the manager's station and bathrooms (not bad, eh?).

For those not familiar with Steele Indian School Park, I encourage you to come and explore this wonderful place. It has something for just about everyone; the sports facilities I mentioned, a small lake and fountain with a great view of Camelback, a historical recounting of the Indian school's history in Phoenix, a large, contemplative garden (one of the best designed and meantingful gardens I've ever seen) and three soon-to-be-restored historic buildings - the dining hall, the auditorium and the band hall of the original school. It's very centrally located and easily reached from I-10 or the 51.

There are at least 3 parking lots and two separate entrances. The easiest one to access our ramada is the entrance coming off of Central avenue on the east side of the street, just north of of the Central/ Indian School intersection. The road dead-ends where you should park.

More later as we firm things up, but right now I have an approximate count of 24 people, one batch of brownies and one batch of banana bread, three offers of help in organizing. I'll bring freshly ground and brewed coffee, cups, half 'n half, sugar & sweet 'n low ... if there's anything else you like in coffee, let me know or bring it along.

What else? Sam? You out there?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting