SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryan820

Sulking Jewel... I need some help here...

ryan820
14 years ago

Its a slow ... agonizingly slow.... day at work and I managed to get gardenweb unblocked! So...

I love my jewel bulb. She's got amazing foliage (its long and slender, not thick like so many hippis can be) and her flowers are always a great addition to the house. But for a few months now she has simply sat in her pot and sulked. I keep her watered (not wet) and she has babies (they have leaves) but the mother bulb sits there totally quiet, no leaves..nothing.

She's in a clay pot with very light and airy soil (mostly perlite and bark with some organics). this time of the year I'm use to loads of leaves and even a summer scape poking up-- but not this year.

So does anyone have any ideas? i tried with-holding water during the winter and when it got warmer and sunnier, began watering again but she stayed asleep. Occasionally i'll see one or two leaves poking out but then they wither and die.

The bulb had a strange year-- dug up out of her pot late summer for a move to a new home-- then planted around october, she bloomed in November and then sulked ever since. The bulb remains firm and green, no signs of bug holes or rot that i can find.

Things I've tried:

-After blooming, light balanced fertilizer

-Supplemental light

-Tried a dry period after several attempts at new leaves that died

-regular watering and fert favoring the first number (nitro)

-Ignored for long period of time

-neglect

-yelling, pointing and idle threats

Any advice?

thanks all--

Rocky Mountain Ryan

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions