SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Do you think this would work for WS?

pippi21
13 years ago

I recently made a large amount of fruit salad for two different events and I purchased the fruit platter from my grocery store. It is already cut into large bite size pieces and includes watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple and in the middle are driscoll strawberries. I always buy a pint or qt. more of strawberries to add to this . I take along 9 oz. plastic cups that people can use for their fruit. I cut the large bite size pieces like into 2 pieces or even 3 if the fruit is packed in large pieces, making it easier to eat with a spoon. This fruit comes packed in nice sectional plastic containers with a clear lid that fits snuggly and my mind went into wintersowing phase thinking "hey, these could be used for wintersowing, and I could start many different seeds in this. I can poke air circulation holes all in the lid and bottom of container with my soldering iron. My concern is that it is only about 3 inches deep..Do you think it will work for wintersowing? I washed them out thinking along those lines and if nobody thinks they will be deep enough, I'll put them in the recycle bin. I plan to use nothing but 1/2 gal. milk jugs in 2011 but I thought I'd like to try using a few of these containers as an experiment. Did I read somewhere that annuals don't have to be planted as deep as perennials?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!